Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011!


The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.  Lamentations 3: 22-23

Greetings!  As I sat down to ponder the events of this past year, I realized that it has been a season of hope!  Many things have happened that I have desired for a long time! 

Family
After seven years in the Navy, my brother resigned and moved with his wife and family home to MN!  He bought a house in the same neighborhood as our parents!  I have been enjoying the little benefits of having family close: attending birthday parties, family movie nights, sharing meals together, and hugging my nieces.
Tizi is 4 and Lily is 2.


Professional
This July, I began pursing my doctorate in Education Administration through Bethel University.  I have hopes of becoming a school principal or making the leap into higher ed!  Courses are on campus during the summer and online during the school year.  It has felt great to be a student again.  At the end of our summer residency, they let us try on the academic regalia—I did not want to take it off!  I seized the opportunity to snap a picture with my camera!




Personal
Ever since reading The Wright Brothers: How They Invented the Airplane as a child, I have wanted to visit the birthplace of flight.  This summer, our family rented a beach house on the Outer Banks of NC and we took a day trip to Kitty Hawk.  It was inspiring!



I have loved Chris Van Allsburg for a very long time.  I can still remember Two Bad Ants being read aloud to me while I sat on my dad’s lap after a trip to the public library.  In grad school, I did a project on CVA and studied all of his books.  I make sure students know who he is before they leave elementary school!  So, it was with great pleasure that I finally got to meet him last month where he appeared at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul.



Enjoy a little Christmas music from Chris Tomilin:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
With Love From,
Jenny Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment