Monday, September 10, 2012

To the Top of the Wall Pt. 2



Note:  This is a week-long series.  Read yesterday’s post here: http://jwalkinguphill.blogspot.com/2012/09/to-top-of-wall-pt-1.html

“Muscle spasm!”  I called out in frustration for anyone to hear.  My right hand had been working overtime and ached as if it had been intently gripping a pen for hours.  I squeezed my hand and wiggled my fingers, hoping for relief.

“We can take as many breaks as you need.  There’s no rush.”  My spotter called from below.
“Ok!”  I exhaled, holding my position while looking for my next move.  “Where should I move next?”




“Do you see that green rock to your left?”

I looked over.  A green hold was positioned nearly out of my reach.  “Yes!?”  I called down in disbelief.

“Good.  Move there with your left foot.”

Easier said than done.  I began to stretch my left leg towards the side, but was quickly met with resistance as my muscles began to tighten.  I looked up at my right hand, my usual assistant when my left leg needed some extra help.

That’s not going to work.  My right hand was preoccupied, locked in a death-grip around a hold….

More tomorrow!

Photos by J. DeChamplain

No comments:

Post a Comment